Demonstrating your COVID status on holiday

Updated 25th January | 11:40

The Irish Government currently approves travel to all Eurocamp destinations. There are, however, conditions in relation to travel under the EU Digital COVID Certificate and your destination country may require you to demonstrate your COVID-19 status to access hospitality venues or public spaces. If you have booked a holiday, or are planning one soon, please follow the link for the country you’re travelling to below for more details.

We’re keeping a close eye on requirements in all countries, but rules can change at any time, so we recommend visiting the DFA website for the latest information on your destination.

Certification requirements by country



For 2022 anyone aged 12 and over will need this to access a range of leisure facilities (bars, restaurants, museums, cinemas), hospitals, and modes of transport such as long distance train and bus journeys and planes. You can therefore also expect to have your COVID status checked when you arrive at your parc.

The pass sanitaire can be acquired by fulfilling one of the following three criteria:

  1. Vaccination certificate, illustrating that you are fully vaccinated with a vaccine authorised by the European Medical Authority. This means:
    -  One week after a second dose of Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna.
    -  28 days after a single dose of Johnson & Johnson.
    From 15/01/22 anyone aged 18-64 years who has been fully vaccinated for more than 7 months will need to prove they have had an approved booster in order to obtain the Pass Sanitaire
  2. Negative PCR or antigen test result from the last 48 hours.
  3. A document (dated more than 11 days ago and less than six months ago) proving you have recently recovered from COVID.

The 'Pass Vaccinal' (vaccine pass) replaces the 'pass sanitaire' for anyone aged 16 year and over. You can only get the pass vaccinal with proof of vaccination, and anyone aged 18 yrs and over who's been fully vaccinated for more than 7 months will need proof of a booster too.  Anyone aged 12-15 years carries on using the pass sanitaire and proof of a negative test will still be accepted.

The French government has confirmed that anyone travelling from Ireland will be able to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated using the EU Digital COVID Certificate..


The COVID-19 Green Certification - demonstrating your COVID status in Italy

From the 6th August, a Green Certificate will be required to access many public spaces in Italy including, but not limited to, indoor seating in bars and restaurants, museums, exhibitions, well-being centres, swimming pools, fairs and large events. It is not required to enter campsites.

The Green Certificate shows proof via a scannable QR code that the holder has either:

  1. Been vaccinated (anyone who has had their first of two vaccine doses are able to access it from the 15th day after it was administered until the date of the second dose).
  2. Recovered from COVID-19 within the previous six months.
  3. Recently tested negative for the virus.

The EU COVID Certificate will also be accepted by venues where you are required to show a Green Certificate. For more details on the Green Certificate, visit:


The Hospitality Entry Pass - demonstrating your COVID status in the Netherlands

The Dutch Government has introduced a Coronavirus Entry Pass System to gain access to certain hospitality venues. From 25th September, this will apply to entry to bars and restaurants (but not takeaways), events (such as festivals, concerts and professional sports matches), and cultural venues (such as cinemas and theatres). Whether people have a fixed seat or not, and whether the location is indoors or outdoors, everyone aged 13 and over will have to show a valid coronavirus entry pass to gain admission. Everyone aged 14 and over will also have to show their ID along with their coronavirus entry pass.

For more information, please visit the Dutch Government website. You can use this link to download the app to your phone.


The Hospitality Pass - demonstrating your COVID status in Switzerland

From the 20th September a 'Hospitality Pass' consisting of proof of vaccination (NHS vaccine proof is accepted), proof of recovery from a COVID-19 infection or a negative test result (up to 48 hours for a rapid antigen test or 72 hours for a PCR test) is required for entry into:

  1. Large-scale outdoor events attended by over 1,000 people. Indoor hospitality venues including restaurants, bars, clubs and discos.
  2. Cultural, sporting and leisure activities indoors. This includes museums and libraries, leisure facilities, zoos, casinos, fitness centres and sports facilities, indoor pools and water parks
  3. Indoor events including theatre and cinema, concerts, sporting events and private events outside the home (e.g. weddings)

Children under the age of 16 are exempt from this requirement.