If culture and getting out and about are top of your holiday list, then we’ve got a selection of parcs we think you’ll love: our best for excursions. Each of the parcs listed below organise regular trips to nearby cities and natural wonders that you won’t want to leave without seeing. Best of all, you can book when you arrive on parc, giving you more time to plan the days you fancy lounging by the pool, versus the ones that are made for exploring.
See the sights
La Croix du Vieux Pont, sitting peacefully within the countryside of the Aisne Valley has it all...including easy access to both the bright lights of Paris and the magic of Disneyland! And to make sure you don't miss out on a visit to the city or the theme park, you can book yourselves onto the coach trips from the site.
- The all-weather-friendly pool complex includes slides and a sprayground
- Get competitive at the bowling alley or in the laser maze
- Hire bikes and explore the parc and local area
Set sail on the seven island boat trip and watch the seals and the flocks of marine birds in their unspoilt habitat, embarking from nearby Perros-Guirec harbour. Alternatively, if you're more of a landlubber, strap on your walking boots and walk the Sentier des Douaniers, along the coast past the pretty pink rocks, enjoying sea views as far as the eye can see.
- The large water complex includes 6 heated pools, slides and whirlpool
- Get in the saddle and enjoy horse and pony rides
- Take the plunge with some scuba diving lessons
Thanks to the steeply-terraced pitches on this parc you're spoilt for stunning views across the surrounding Tuscan countryside. This superb location also means you're within easy access of some of central Italy's most wonderful cities...Book a parc excursion into Florence, Siena and even Rome. A little closer to parc however, just 2km away, is the lovely town of Figline Valdarno.
- There are 2 pool complexes on this parc and feature water slides and lazy river
- Take the taste of Italy home following some cookery lessons on parc
- Swing through the trees at Parco Avventura Vincigliata Fiesole
Not only can you enjoy direct beach access or find yourselves within walking distance of the bustling resort of Argelès-sur-Mer, but you can also book a coach trip across the French/Spanish border into Barcelona for the day! For more fun days out, a little closer to parc, are the cafés and fishing restaurants in Collioure, Aqualand in St Cyprien, and zipwires at Argelès Aventure.
- The fabulous lagoon style pool includes water slides, children's area and lots of loungers
- Try something a bit different - take scuba diving lessons on site
- Take to the sea on a pedalo or in a canoe; equipment for hire 200 metres away
La Baume enjoys a fantastic location on the Côte d'Azur, close to beaches and within easy reach of some of the Riviera's famously glamorous resorts. Take day trips into St Tropez, Cannes and Nice, or even book an excursion to Monaco and walk the famous grand prix track (as long as there isn't a race going on, of course)!
- All sorts of great activities to take part in on site, including tennis, trampolining and archery
- 2 pool complexes on site include indoor area, toddler area and water slides
- Splash the day away at nearby Aqualand Fréjus
What a location! Overlooking stunning Lake Garda, Camping Weekend has plenty to keep you on parc for your whole stay...but there's so much else to see and do while you're here! You can book excursions into Venice, Verona and Milan, plus boat trips to various markets. Not only that, parc reception offer discount tickets for many attractions, and you're just minutes from stunning Salò.
- Lovely pool complex overlooking the lake, with slides and children's areas
- Explore the adventure course and whizz down the zip wire
- Enjoy an olive oil and wine tasting trip, or see the sights on a boat trip on the lake
When you're not lying on the beach or trying a new watersport, book an excursion and see as much of beautiful Italy as you can. The parc offer a variety of excursions, taking you to Naples, Caserta, Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Vesuvius, Capri, Ischia and Rome! Make sure you've got plenty of space left on your memory card...you'll be taking a lot of pictures.
- Large pool complex with children's area, fountains and plenty of room for loungers
- Lots of sporty activities available, including 2 tennis courts and football pitch
- Indulge in some of Italy's most famous dishes at the parc's restaurant
Club Colombier enjoys a fabulous location on the Côte d'Azur between Cannes and St Tropez, meaning you're perfectly placed for the delights of the French Riviera. Take advantage of the excursions from the parc, and spend days in Monaco, the Gorges du Verdon and even Ventimiglia in Italy. Staying a little closer to parc, take the boat trips to Port Grimaud or St Tropez.
- The fabulous water park includes slides, lazy river and balneo pool
- Have a go at scuba diving, t'ai chi and yoga
- Fréjus is just 3km away, with history, good food and the beach all in one place
Close to the shops, bars and restaurants of Lido di Jesolo, Sant'Angelo Village is also ideally placed for visiting some of the Adriatic's loveliest places. Book an excursion from the parc across to the islands of Venice, Torcello, Murano and Burano. Alternatively, make your own discoveries; hire bikes and follow the many cycle paths, with routes available from the parc reception.
- Direct access to a lovely, long sandy beach, with play area and watersports
- Large water complex catering for the whole family, with slides, whirlpools and fountains
- Conquer the tallest water slide in Europe at Aqualandia, 6km away
La Sirène is situated in the bustling seaside resort town of Argelès-sur-Mer, and within reach of some truly great days out. You can book excursions from the parc to Carcassonne, Andorra, and even cross the border into Spain for a day in Barcelona. Nearer to parc however, is the pretty harbour town of Collioure, with some wonderful seafood restaurants.
- The lovely aqua park features water slides and a lagoon pool
- Enjoy a selection of sporty activities both here and on nearby sister parc, Hippocampe
- Gorgeous sandy beach just 1km away