Travelling with little critters that love cute creatures? Or older ones that fancy themselves as wildlife experts? Take a closer look at our family of parcs that are guaranteed to give them an unforgettable holiday experience. Our best for animal fans includes a special selection of locations that have mini farms, petting zoos and even a safari park right on site – perfect for keeping little monkeys happy!
Farms, zoos and safaris
Marina d'Erba Rossa not only offers guests direct access to a gorgeous sandy beach, overlooked by a gorgeous pool complex - there's also a friendly animal farm with all sorts of cute creatures! Get up close and personal and feed the donkeys and alpacas, deer and goats, emus and turkeys, then treat yourselves with something tasty from the parc's ice cream parlour!
- Visit more animals at Le Paradis des Enfants - a fantastic leisure and aquapark
- See what marine life you can spot while snorkelling, 10km away from parc
- Explore the Gorges de la Restonica, an hour away - and take some swimming gear!
For animal fans, the main attraction of this parc will be the superb safari park. Say hello to the elephants, giraffes, rhinos, chimps, tigers and many other beautiful African animals from your car, bus, boat or on foot. Once you've completed the safari, top off your day at the stunning birds of prey show. Don't forget the camera!
- Speelland attraction park will keep the kids (and adults) entertained all day
- Fabulous walks offering exceptional views of the Eiger
- The African theme continues in the indoor pool, with slides and jets
Your little ones will love the animal farm at Castell Montgri. They can pet the ponies and gerbils, feed the birds, and take part in fun workshops and activities. Elsewhere on parc, there's a choice of 3 different pool complexes; one of which includes exciting slides and another serves tapas all day, then offering live music each evening!
- The beach is just 1.5km away, and the town of Estartit 1km away
- Take a day trip to Barcelona or one of the nearby water parks
- The birds and wetlands of Aiguamolls Empordà Natural Park are 20km away
The mini farm allows visitors to meet animals such as alpacas, wild pigs and goats, while at the ranch, youngsters can take to the saddle and enjoy pony rides. The fabulous pool complex has something for everyone, including slides and lazy river, plus a poolside bar serving up snacks, ice creams and refreshing drinks!
- Burn off some energy in the treetop adventure course
- Challenge the family on the crazy golf course
- Hire bikes and explore the local area - the Standing Stones are opposite the parc entrance
Get back to nature at this award-winning parc. Set within a peaceful woodland close to Lake Constance, the petting zoo allows visitors to feed the animals at 9am every morning! Pony rides are also available, a great way to explore the parc's gorgeous surroundings. There's also a nature playground where the children can get stuck in, building dams and playing games.
- The lovely town of Lindau is just 5km away
- Get onto the water and explore the area by canoe
- Don't miss a trip to fabulous Lake Constance, and maybe take a balloon ride too
Little ones will love Playa Joyel's animal parc. Home to cows, bulls, ducks, pygmy goats, deer, pigs and many more, the parc is open to visitors in July and August. Set within the Noja Nature Reserve, there is direct access to a fabulous beach with little rock pools, water sports and plenty of space for sand castles.
- Pool area includes separate children's pool
- The lively town of Noja is just 1km away
- Within an hour's drive of zoos at Parque de Cabârceno and Santillana del Mar
Hop on a horse or a pony and go and explore - the parc is set within a huge pine forest with access to a fabulous sandy beach so there's plenty to see! Or if you'd prefer, hire bikes instead. The parc has an impressive pool complex, complete with water slides and pirate ship and lots of loungers for soaking up the sun.
- While away the hours at the beach, with refreshments and watersports on offer
- The Atlantic Water Parc is 17km away in Seignosse
- Visit Labenne for the Zoo and also the Reptilarium
The mini farm at Domaine de la Yole will delight the children: feed the donkeys, pet the goats, watch the pigs in their mud baths, find the fish...and finish off with a delicious meal in the farm restaurant. Then there's all the fun at the pool complex, complete with sprayground, slides and lazy river - a lot of hours will be spent here!
- Head over to Cap d'Agde for Aqualand and Agd'Aventure
- Check out the marine life at the Aquarium, also in Cap d'Agde
- Only 500m from a long, sandy beach and just 2km away from horse riding facilities
La Garangeoire is just 15 minutes' drive from the famous Vendée beaches and set within beautiful countryside - perfect for nature trails and ready to explore on horseback with your instructor from the parc's equestrian centre. The superb water park is popular with all ages, thanks to the slides, lagoon pool with 'beach' and dedicated children's pool with water games!
- Take advantage of the activities on the parc's own lake - canoeing, pedalos and fishing
- Take on the family at crazy golf, and let the children race on the karting track
- Spend a day with the animals at Zoo des Sables 25km away
The centrepiece of this parc is undoubtedly the pool complex, with its slides, lazy river, water games, and plenty of room for everyone. However, animal lovers will also thoroughly enjoy the horses and ponies at the parc's equestrian centre as well as the duck, rabbits, goats and alpacas at the mini farm!
- Hire bikes and explore the local area
- Great choice of sporting activities available on site, including tennis lessons
- Enjoy the sea lion shows at La Palmyre Zoo, less than 30km away