- Roscoff: 350km ( recommended )
- Cherbourg: 415km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Le Clarys-Plage Campsite
77 Avenue des Epines, 85160 St Jean de Monts
- GPS Co-ordinates 46.752677 -2.014626
- Local Railway St Gilles Croix de Vie, 4km : Services to Nantes
- Bus Station 3km : Services to bus Nantes, Les Sables, La Roche, Noirmoutier
Travelling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
Ferries are a relaxing and convenient way to travel. With a wide variety of ferries available from Ireland to France, taking your own car to the continent makes great sense and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Le Clarys-Plage.
To minimise the journey in France, take an overnight sailing to Roscoff and enjoy an leisurely drive to your parc. Both Brittany Ferries and Irish Ferries sail into Roscoff. The overnight crossing with Brittany Ferries from Cork lands around breakfast time, while the Irish Ferries sailing from Rosslare normally lands a bit later (around mid morning).
From Roscoff you have a choice of routes, you can enjoy a scenic drive past Vannes, Saint-Nazaire and Pornic, or take the longer (390km) but faster roads to Saint-Brieuc, Rennes and Nantes.
Even better Brittany is the only area in France where there are no motorway tolls to pay! Instead of motorways, the region is served by a network of fast and efficent dual carriageways (with a speed limit of 110km) resulting in easy, stress free driving.
The drive from Cherbourg is just over 400km, making this port a great alternative to Roscoff. Irish Ferries operate sailings from Rosslare and Dublin to Cherbourg, while Stena Line have sailings from Rosslare to Cherbourg.
The Irish Ferries sailing normally arrives in Cherbourg by mid/late morning, but the Stena Line crossing from Rosslare can arrive in late afternoon depending on the date, so you may want to break your journey with an overnight stop in north Brittany or Normandy.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference. Europe is 1 hour ahead!
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The region of the Vendée is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into La Rochelle, Nantes, Poitiers and Rennes. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Nantes (NTE): 76km ( nearest )
- La Rochelle (LRH): 149km