- Roscoff: 487km ( recommended )
- Cherbourg: 513km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Camping Les Ilates Campsite
Le Petit Boucheau, Route du Grouin, 17111 Loix en Rè
- GPS Co-ordinates 46.227576 -1.426173
- Local Railway La Rochelle, 37km : Services to Les Sables, La Roche, Nantes, Bordeaux
- Bus Station 2km : Services to bus La Rochelle
Travelling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
Ferries are a relaxing and convenient way to travel. With a wide variety of ferries available from Ireland to France, taking your own car to the continent makes great sense, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Camping Les Ilates.
The lovely Ile de Rè is located just off the coast from La Rochelle and is linked to the mainland by a road bridge (toll charges apply).
The driving distance and journey time from both Roscoff and Cherbourg are about the same, so the choice is up to you! The fastest route from Roscoff is to drive to Saint-Brieuc and down to Rennes, before picking up the E3 to Nantes and the A83 to La Rochelle. From Cherbourg you would also head down to Rennes and then follow the same route.
Both Brittany Ferries and Irish Ferries sail into the Roscoff - the overnight crossing with Brittany Ferries from Cork lands around breakfast time, while the Irish Ferries sailing from Rosslare normally lands a bit later (around mid morning). Either way you will arrive rested and ready for your journey.
Irish Ferries operate sailings from Rosslare to Cherbourg and also from Dublin to Cherbourg. While Stena Line sail from Rosslare to Cherbourg. Please note while Irish Ferries normally arrive in Cherbourg in mid/late morning, the Stena Line crossing from Rosslare can arrive in late afternoon depending on the sailing date
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The region of the Vendée is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into La Rochelle and Poitiers. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool, below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- La Rochelle (LRH): 19km ( nearest )