- Cherbourg: 907km ( recommended )
- Roscoff: 1066km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
La Ferme de la Serraz Campsite
rue de La Poste, 74210 Doussard, BP21
- GPS Co-ordinates 45.774423 6.224727
- Local Railway Annecy, 18km
- Bus Station 0km : Services to bus Annecy and Albertville
Traveling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
Ferries are a relaxing and convenient way to travel. With a wide variety of ferries available from Ireland to France, taking your own car to the continent makes great sense, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to La Ferme de la Serraz.
Irish Ferries operate sailings from Rosslare to Cherbourg and also from Dublin to Cherbourg. While Stena Line run from Rosslare to Cherbourg. These are all overnight crossings, so you can arrive rested and ready for the journey the next day. Please note while Irish Ferries normally arrive in Cherbourg in mid/late morning, the Stena Line crossing from Rosslare can arrive in late afternoon depending on the sailing date.
Camping La Ferme de la Serraz is well connected to the major road networks. The shortest route from Cherbourg (930km) takes you just west of Paris, before dropping down to Beaune and Macon Why not break your journey and take in the sights of Paris for a night or two?
If you would prefer to avoid Paris, take the slightly longer (1,024km) western route via Le Mans, Tours, Clermont-Ferrand and Lyon. Take an overnight break in the lovely Loire Valley and visit some of the world famous châteaux.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The French Alps are within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Lyon, Chambéry, Grénoble and Geneva. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Geneva (GVA): 68km ( nearest )
- Chambery (CMF): 119km