- Cherbourg: 1250km ( recommended )
- Roscoff: 1385km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
2160, avenue de la République 06550 La Roquette sur Siagne
- GPS Co-ordinates 43.588857 6.938999
Travelling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
Ferries are a relaxing and convenient way to travel. With a wide variety of ferries available from Ireland to France, taking your own car to the continent makes great sense, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Saint Louis.
To minimize the journey in France take an overnight crossing to Cherbourg. Irish Ferries operate sailings from Rosslare and Dublin to Cherbourg, while Stena Line sail from Rosslare to Cherbourg. Please note while Irish Ferries normally arrive in Cherbourg mid/late morning, the Stena Line crossing can arrive late in the afternoon depending on the sailing date.
From Cherbourg the shortest route is to head towards Paris and then on down to Lyon and Avignon, before turning east to Aix-en-Provence and Cannes. If you prefer to avoid Paris, you could take the Loire Valley option and drive via Le Mans, Tours and Clermont-Ferrand. From Clermont-Ferrand you can cut across to Saint-Étienne and pick up the A7 south of Lyon, or carry on straight down to the coast and Montpellier.
It's a fair distance so you will need to break your journey. The Loire Valley is a great place for a stop over - from Tours to Saint Louis is just 925km on the shortest route.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead of UK time.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The Riviera is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Nice, Toulon and Marseille. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool, below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Nice (NCE): 32km ( nearest )
- Toulon (TLN): 124km