- Cherbourg: 1222km ( recommended )
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Holiday Marina Resort Campsite
323 Route du Littoral, 83310 Grimaud
- GPS Co-ordinates 43.2699 6.573158
- Local Railway St Raphaël, 30km : Services to Nice, Paris, Italy
- Bus Station 0.9km : Services to bus St Tropez, St Maxime
Traveling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
Ferries are a relaxing and convenient way to travel. With a wide variety of ferries available from Ireland to France, taking your own car to the continent makes great sense, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Holiday Marina Resort.
To minimise the journey in France take an overnight crossing to Cherbourg. Irish Ferries operate sailings from Rosslare to Cherbourg and also from Dublin to Cherbourg. While Stena Line sail from Rosslare to Cherbourg.
Please note while Irish Ferries normally arrive in Cherbourg in mid/late morning, the Stena Line crossing from Rosslare can arrive in late afternoon depending on the sailing date.
From Cherbourg, the shortest route takes you via Caen, down the western side of Paris and on to Beaune. Drive past Lyon, Orange and Aix-en-Provence - then turn south east down to the coast.
The alternative route from Cherbourg, avoiding Paris is longer - this option takes you past Le Mans and Tours in the Loire Valley. From Tours head south east to Clermont-Ferrand, Saint-Etienne and pick up the A7 south of Lyon, or carry on straight down to the coast and Montpellier.
It's a fair distance which ever way you choose, so you will need to break your journey. Take a look at the great facilities at Le Domaine de l'Epervière in Burgundy - it's not far from the autoroute and a great place to sample some of the regional wines. Or why not have a city break en route and take in the sights of Paris? The Loire Valley is another great place for a stopover - from Tours to Holiday Marina Resort is just under 900km on the shortest route.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference. Europe is 1 hour ahead!
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The Riviera is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Nice, Toulon and Marseille. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool, below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Toulon (TLN): 63km ( nearest )
- Nice (NCE): 80km