- Cherbourg: 1217km ( recommended )
La Baume Campsite
3775, rue des Combattants d'Afrique du Nord, 83600 Fréjus
- GPS Co-ordinates 43.465469 6.723987
- Local Railway Fréjus, 2km : Services to Nice, Ventimiglia
- Bus Station 0.3km : Services to bus Fréjus (also St Raphael in high season)
How To Get There - Flight Recommendations
Whilst we can’t book your flights for you we’ve teamed with Skyscanner to help you to find the best flight options to your parc.
Please select your preferred departure airport and we'll search or link you to Skyscanner to find the best airlines and routes for your holiday parc.
How To Get There - By Ferry
Please note, ferry crossings are not bookable online, however we can book your crossing for you as part of a package - once you've booked your parc/accommodation, our contact centre will be able to add crossings to your booking, just call us with your booking reference and we can add on your crossing.
Direct sailings from Ireland to France are available from Cork to Roscoff with Brittany Ferries, Dublin to Cherbourg with Irish Ferries and Rosslare to Cherbourg with Stena Line.
The following routes listed are crossing the channel via the UK.
Departs Sundays at 15:45, crossing time approx 31hrs. Price excludes accommodation.
Timetable is currently available to book up to 30th September (return date). Departs throughout the day, crossing time approx 35 minutes.
Know Before You Go - Our Travel Tips
Ferries are a relaxing and convenient way to travel. With a wide variety of ferries available from Ireland to France, taking your own car to the continent makes great sense, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to La Baume.
To minimise the journey in France take an overnight crossing to Cherbourg. Irish Ferries operate sailings from Rosslare to Cherbourg and also from Dublin to Cherbourg. While Stena Line sail from Rosslare to Cherbourg.
Please note while Irish Ferries normally arrive in Cherbourg in mid/late morning, the Stena Line crossing from Rosslare can arrive in late afternoon depending on the sailing date.
From Cherbourg, the shortest route takes you via Caen, down the western side of Paris and on to Beaune. Drive past Lyon, Orange and Aix-en-Provence then turn east. There's less than 5km to drive to La Baume if you leave the motorway at exit 38-Fréjus from the A8.
The alternative route from Cherbourg, avoiding Paris is longer - this option takes you past Le Mans and Tours in the Loire Valley. From Tours head south east to Clermont-Ferrand, Saint-Etienne and pick up the A7 south of Lyon, or carry on straight down to the coast and Montpellier.
It's a fair distance which ever way you choose, so you will need to break your journey. Why not have a city break en route and take in the sights of Paris? The Loire Valley is another great place for a stopover - from Tours to La Baume is just under 900km on the shortest route.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference. Europe is 1 hour ahead!
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.