- Cherbourg: 1167km ( recommended )
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Les Lacs du Verdon Campsite
Domaine De Roquelande, 83630 REGUSSE
- GPS Co-ordinates 43.660351 6.150884
- Local Railway Manosque, 51km
Travelling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
Ferries are a relaxing and convenient way to travel. With a wide variety of ferries available from Ireland to France, taking your own car to the continent makes great sense, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Les Lacs du Verdon.
To minimize the journey in France take an overnight crossing to Cherbourg. Irish Ferries operate sailings from Rosslare and Dublin to Cherbourg, while Stena Line sail from Rosslare to Cherbourg. Please note while Irish Ferries normally arrive in Cherbourg mid/late morning, the Stena Line crossing from Rosslare can arrive late in the afternoon depending on the sailing date.
From Cherbourg, the shortest route takes you via Caen, down the western side of Paris and on to Beaune, Lyon and Orange.
If you prefer to avoid Paris, when you reach Caen turn off to Le Mans and Tours in the Loire Valley. From Tours head south east to Clermont-Ferrand, then cut across to Lyon.
It's a fair distance whichever way you choose, so you will need to break your journey. Why not have a city break en route and take in the sights of Paris? The Loire Valley is another great place to stay - it's famous for its wines and wonderful châteaux.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- Don't forget the time difference. Europe is 1 hour ahead!
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The Provence region is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Nice, Marseille and Toulon. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport and ask us to arrange your flights using the Flight Finder tool, below.
- Toulon (TLN): 106km ( nearest )
- Marseille (MRS): 108km
- Nice (NCE): 118km