- Cherbourg: 455km ( recommended )
- Roscoff: 671km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
La Bien Assise Campsite
D 231, 62340 GuÎnes
- GPS Co-ordinates 50.866514 1.856747
- Local Railway Calais Frethun, 9.7km
- Bus Station Guînes, 0.1km : Services to bus Calais
Travelling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
Ferries are a relaxing and convenient way to travel. With a wide variety of ferries available from Ireland to France, taking your own car to the continent makes great sense, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to your parc.
La Bien Assise is ideally located close to the French coast. The parc is just 16km from the Port de Calais and only 12km from the Eurotunnel station, so it's well placed if you are crossing the Channel via the UK.
P&O Ferries and DFDS Seaways both sail from Dover to Calais, with a journey time of 90 minutes, allowing plenty of time for a drink, a meal or a spot of on board shopping. If you want an even faster journey put your car on the train - Eurotunnel services run from Folkstone to Calais, with a journey time of just 35 minutes.
The drive from Port de Calais takes you close to Cité Europe - this huge indoor shopping centre has a large Carrefour hypermarket (closed Sundays) and is the perfect place to stock up with a few essentials en route to your parc.
The journey from Cherbourg is longer, but once you reach Caen and pick up the autoroute, you are on a good, fast road all the way.
Irish Ferries operate sailings from Rosslare to Cherbourg and also from Dublin to Cherbourg, while Stena Line run from Rosslare to Cherbourg. Please note while Irish Ferries normally arrive in Cherbourg in mid/late morning, the Stena Line crossing from Rosslare can arrive in late afternoon depending on the sailing date.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The Picardy region is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Paris (CDG, Beauvias and Orly). We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool, below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Lille (LIL): 110km ( nearest )