- Cherbourg: 416km ( recommended )
- Roscoff: 632km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
La Croix du Vieux Pont Campsite
8 Rue de la Fabrique, 02290 BERNY RIVIERE
- GPS Co-ordinates 49.405479 3.128775
- Local Railway Soissons, 19km : Services to Paris Gare du Nord
- Bus Station 2km : Services to bus Soissons, Compeigne, Vic sur Aisne
Traveling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
Ferries are a relaxing and convenient way to travel. With a wide variety of ferries available from Ireland to France, taking your own car to the continent makes great sense, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to La Croix du Vieux Pont.
To minimise the journey in France take an overnight crossing to Cherbourg. Irish Ferries operate sailings from Rosslare to Cherbourg and also from Dublin to Cherbourg. While Stena Line sail from Rosslare to Cherbourg. Please note while Irish Ferries normally arrive in Cherbourg in mid/late morning, the Stena Line crossing from Rosslare can arrive in late afternoon depending on the sailing date.
The shortest route from Cherbourg to your parc is to take the road to Caen and Rouen - if you want a break, take a detour and visit the famous cathedral here. From Rouen there is only 170km to drive if you take the N31 and cut across country to Compiègne.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
Paris is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Paris Charles de Gaulle, Paris Orly and Paris Beauvais. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool, below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Beauvais (BVA): 86km ( nearest )
- Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG): 89km
- Paris Orly (ORY): 114km