- Cherbourg: 404km ( recommended )
- Roscoff: 483km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Le Parc de Fierbois Campsite
37800 Ste Catherine de Fierbois
- GPS Co-ordinates 47.148269 0.653933
- Local Railway St Maure /Noyant, 12km
- Bus Station Ste Catherine de Fierbois, 2.5km : Services to bus Tours
Travelling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
Ferries are a relaxing and convenient way to travel. With a wide variety of ferries available from Ireland to France, taking your own car to the continent makes great sense, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Le Parc de Fierbois.
To minimize the journey in France take an overnight crossing to Cherbourg. Irish Ferries operate sailings from Rosslare and Dublin to Cherbourg, while Stena Line sail from Rosslare to Cherbourg. Please note while Irish Ferries normally arrive in Cherbourg mid/late morning, the Stena Line crossing can arrive late in the afternoon depending on the sailing date.
From Cherbourg, the shortest route is head to Caen and then take the main road down to Le Mans and on to Tours.
Alternatively take a sailing to Roscoff. Both Brittany Ferries and Irish Ferries sail into Roscoff - the overnight crossing with Brittany Ferries from Cork lands around breakfast time, while the Irish Ferries sailing from Rosslare normally lands a bit later (around mid morning). Either way you will arrive rested and ready for your journey.
The drive is longer from Roscoff, but still quite manageable - take the main road to Saint-Brieuc, Rennes and Le Mans, then head south down to Tours.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The Loire region is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Paris (CDG and Orly), Poitiers and Tours. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool, below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Tours (TUF): 39km ( nearest )
- Poitiers (PIS): 80km