- Roscoff: 1115km ( recommended )
- Cherbourg: 1138km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Camping de la Plage
66470, Sainte-Marie-la Mer en Roussillon
- GPS Co-ordinates 42.738918 3.033689
- Local Railway Centre del Mon, 15km
- Bus Station sainte marie la mer, 0.4km
Travelling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
Ferries are a relaxing and convenient way to travel. With a wide variety of ferries available from Ireland to France, taking your own car to the continent makes great sense and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Camping de la Plage.
To minimise the journey in France take an overnight crossing to Cherbourg. Irish Ferries operate sailings from Rosslare to Cherbourg and also from Dublin to Cherbourg. While Stena Line sail from Rosslare to Cherbourg. Please note while Irish Ferries normally arrive in Cherbourg in mid/late morning, the Stena Line crossing from Rosslare can arrive in late afternoon depending on the sailing date.
From Cherbourg you have a choice - take the Loire Valley route down to Béziers, driving past Caen, Le Mans, Tours, Clermont-Ferrand and over the impressive Millau Viaduct. Alternatively drive down the west of France past Rennes, Nantes and Bordeaux, before turning south east to Toulouse, Carcassonne and the coast.
The distance and driving time are about the same so it's up to you! Why not make the drive part of the holiday with your own circular tour; set a leisurely pace and sample the delights of the regions as you pass through? The Loire Valley, Vendée and Gironde are all great places for an overnight stop.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference. Europe is 1 hour ahead!
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The Roussillon region is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Gerona, Beziers, Carcassone, Perpignan and Montpellier. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool, below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Perpignan (PGF): 22km ( nearest )
- Beziers (BZR): 113km
- Gerona (GRO): 126km
- Carcassonne (CCF): 128km