- Cherbourg: 1056km ( recommended )
Dunes et Soleil Campsite
380 Chemin de l'Airette, 34340 Marseillan-plage
- GPS Co-ordinates 43.313914 3.548024
- Local Railway Marseillan - Les Onglous, 2km
How To Get There - Flight Recommendations
Whilst we can’t book your flights for you we’ve teamed with Skyscanner to help you to find the best flight options to your parc.
Please select your preferred departure airport and we'll search or link you to Skyscanner to find the best airlines and routes for your holiday parc.
Know Before You Go - Our Travel Tips
Ferries are a relaxing and convenient way to travel. With a wide variety of ferries available from Ireland to France, taking your own car to the continent makes great sense and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Dunes et Soleil.
To minimise the journey in France take an overnight crossing to Cherbourg. Irish Ferries operate sailings from Rosslare to Cherbourg and also from Dublin to Cherbourg. While Stena Line sail from Rosslare to Cherbourg. Please note while Irish Ferries normally arrive in Cherbourg in mid/late morning, the Stena Line crossing from Rosslare can arrive in late afternoon depending on the sailing date.
From Cherbourg you have a choice - take the Loire Valley route down to Béziers, driving past Caen, Le Mans, Tours, Clermont-Ferrand and over the impressive Millau Viaduct. Alternatively drive down the west of France past Rennes, Nantes and Bordeaux, before turning south east to Toulouse, Carcassonne and the coast.
The Loire Valley route is slightly shorter and a bit quicker, but why not make the drive part of the holiday with your own circular tour? Set a leisurely pace and sample the delights of the regions as you pass through. The Loire Valley, Vendée and Gironde are all great places for an overnight stop.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference. Europe is 1 hour ahead!
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.