- Cherbourg: 1081km ( recommended )
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Domaine de Massereau Campsite
1990 Route d'Aubais, 30250 Sommieres
- GPS Co-ordinates 43.764896 4.097868
- Local Railway Lunel, 12km
- Bus Station 2km : Services to bus Nîmes, Montpellier (not a regular service)
Traveling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
Ferries are a relaxing and convenient way to travel. With a wide variety of ferries available from Ireland to France, taking your own car to the continent makes great sense and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Domaine de Massereau.
To minimise the journey in France take an overnight crossing to Cherbourg. Irish Ferries operate sailings from Rosslare to Cherbourg and also from Dublin to Cherbourg. While Stena Line sail from Rosslare to Cherbourg.
Please note while Irish Ferries normally arrive in Cherbourg in mid/late morning, the Stena Line crossing from Rosslare can arrive in late afternoon depending on the sailing date.
From Cherbourg you have a choice - take the Loire Valley route down to Béziers, driving past Caen, Le Mans, Tours, Clermont-Ferrand and over the impressive Millau Viaduct. Alternatively drive past the west side of Paris and pick up the A6 down to Beaune, Lyon and Orange before turning south west to Nimes and your parc.
The distance and driving time for both routes is about the same, but why not make the drive part of the holiday with your own circular tour? Set a leisurely pace - perhaps take a mini city break and take in the sights of Paris, then stop in Burgundy and enjoy some of the regional wines! The lovely Loire Valley is the another great place to stop, so take a break and spot a château or two on the way home.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference. Europe is 1 hour ahead!
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The Languedoc region is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Gerona, Beziers, Carcassone, Perpignan, Montpellier and Toulouse. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool, below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Montpellier (MPL): 35km ( nearest )
- Nimes (FNI): 46km
- Beziers (BZR): 96km
- Marseille (MRS): 128km