- Cherbourg: 618km ( recommended )
- Roscoff: 652km
Cote D'Argent Campsite
134 avenue de Contaut, 33990 Hourtin-Plage
- GPS Co-ordinates 45.22305 -1.16468
- Local Railway Lesparre-Médoc, 25km
- Bus Station Hourtin Plage, 0.3km
How To Get There - Flight Recommendations
Whilst we can’t book your flights for you we’ve teamed with Skyscanner to help you to find the best flight options to your parc.
Please select your preferred departure airport and we'll search or link you to Skyscanner to find the best airlines and routes for your holiday parc.
How To Get There - By Ferry
Please note, ferry crossings are not bookable online, however we can book your crossing for you as part of a package - once you've booked your parc/accommodation, our contact centre will be able to add crossings to your booking, just call us with your booking reference and we can add on your crossing.
Direct sailings from Ireland to France are available from Cork to Roscoff with Brittany Ferries, Dublin to Cherbourg with Irish Ferries and Rosslare to Cherbourg with Stena Line.
The following routes listed are crossing the channel via the UK.
Timetable is currently available to book up to 30th September (return date). Departs throughout the day, crossing time approx 35 minutes.
Know Before You Go - Our Travel Tips
Ferries are a relaxing and convenient way to travel and with a wide variety of ferries available from Ireland to France, taking your car to the continent has never made more sense. Don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Côte D’Argent.
Hourtin Plage is situated due south of Royan, across the Gironde estuary. There is a regular car ferry crossing across the estuary from Royan to Le Verdon and this will shorten the drive time. The ferry crossing takes about 20 minutes. The alternative route is to drive down to Bordeaux and approach the site from the south.
To minimise the journey in France, take an overnight sailing to Cherbourg. Irish Ferries operate sailings from Rosslare to Cherbourg and also from Dublin to Cherbourg. While Stena Line run from Rosslare to Cherbourg. Please note while Irish Ferries normally arrive in Cherbourg in mid/late morning, the Stena Line crossing from Rosslare can arrive in late afternoon depending on the sailing date.
The drive from Roscoff is a little longer - both Brittany Ferries and Irish Ferries sail into Roscoff. The overnight crossing with Brittany Ferries from Cork lands around breakfast time, while the Irish Ferries sailing from Rosslare normally lands a bit later (around mid morning).
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead!
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.