- Cherbourg: 901km ( recommended )
- Roscoff: 1090km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Campingplatz Herbolzheim Campsite
- GPS Co-ordinates 48.216023 7.788835
- Local Railway Herbolzheim, 2km : Services to Freiburg, Stasbourg
- Bus Station 3km
Traveling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
Ferries are a relaxing and convenient way to travel. With a wide variety of ferries available from Ireland to France, taking your own car to the continent makes great sense, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Campingplatz Herbolzheim.
To minimize the journey in France take an overnight crossing to Cherbourg. Irish Ferries operate sailings from Rosslare and Dublin to Cherbourg, while Stena Line sail from Rosslare to Cherbourg. Please note while Irish Ferries normally arrive in Cherbourg mid/late morning, the Stena Line crossing can arrive late in the afternoon depending on the sailing date.
The drive might be a fair distance, but you have the chance to take in some wonderful scenery and even an exciting city break or two along the way!
From Cherbourg head to Caen and pick up the autoroute to Paris. This takes you down the west side past Versailles, so why not take a break and visit the spectacular palace here? From Paris turn east and drive across to Metz, Strasbourg and Herbolzheim.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
Germany is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Stuttgart and Baden-Baden, as well as Basel and Strasbourg. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool, below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Strasbourg (SXB): 57km ( nearest )
- Baden-Baden/Karlsruhe (FKB): 81km
- Basel - Mulhouse (BSL): 93km