- Cherbourg: 848km ( recommended )
- Roscoff: 824km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Le Vieux Port Campsite
Plage Sud, 40660 Messanges
- GPS Co-ordinates 43.797894 -1.401106
- Local Railway Dax, 30km : Services to Bordeaux, Biarritz
Traveling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
Ferries are a relaxing and convenient way to travel and with a wide variety of ferries available from Ireland to France, taking your car to the continent has never made more sense. Don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Le Vieux Port.
Take an overnight sailing to Roscoff and enjoy a drive down the west coast. Both Brittany Ferries and Irish Ferries sail into the port - the overnight crossing with Brittany Ferries from Cork lands around breakfast time, while the Irish Ferries sailing from Rosslare normally lands a bit later (around mid morning).
Alternatively catch a sailing to Cherbourg. The distance and drive time are both very similar to Roscoff. Irish Ferries operate sailings from Rosslare and Dublin to Cherbourg, while Stena Line run from Rosslare to Cherbourg. Please note while Irish Ferries normally arrive in Cherbourg mid/late morning, the Stena Line crossing can arrive late in the afternoon depending on the sailing date.
If you don't want to spend the day in the car, consider breaking your journey in the Vendée - we have some great parcs for you to try and they are close to the beach!
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The Gascony region is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Bergerac, Bordeaux, Biarritz and Toulouse. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool, below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Biarritz (BIQ): 51km ( nearest )
- Pau (PUF): 122km