- Cherbourg: 671km ( recommended )
- Roscoff: 767km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Le Pontet Campsite
24110 Saint Astier
- GPS Co-ordinates 45.14755 0.533260
- Local Railway Périgueux, 17km : Services to Saint Astier station is on the Bordeaux-Brive line.
Travelling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
Ferries are a relaxing and convenient way to travel. With a wide variety of ferries available from Ireland to France, taking your own car to the continent makes great sense, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Le Pontet.
To minimize the journey in France take an overnight crossing to Cherbourg. Irish Ferries operate sailings from Rosslare and Dublin to Cherbourg, while Stena Line sail from Rosslare to Cherbourg. Please note while Irish Ferries normally arrive in Cherbourg mid/late morning, the Stena Line crossing can arrive late in the afternoon depending on the sailing date.
At just over 670km from Cherbourg it's a fair distance - you will want to stop and stretch your legs from time to time! Why not take an overnight break in the Loire Valley - the city of Tours is en route and well worth a look around. The Loire is also famous for it's beautiful châteaux and of course the regional wine! From Tours it's only 297km to your parc. Take a look the great facilities on parc at Le Parc de Fierbois, and Domaine de la Brèche.
Alternatively sail into Roscoff and drive down the west coast of France (via Rennes and Nantes). Although longer, the overall drive time is similar to Cherbourg and you could even enjoy an beach break in the Vendée en route.
Both Brittany Ferries and Irish Ferries sail into Roscoff - the overnight crossing with Brittany Ferries from Cork lands around breakfast time, while the Irish Ferries sailing from Rosslare normally lands a bit later (around mid morning). Either way you will arrive rested and ready for your journey.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead of UK time.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The Dordogne region is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Bergerac, Bordeaux, Brive, Limoges and Rodez. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool, below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Bergerac (EGC): 47km ( nearest )
- Limoges (LIG): 115km
- Bordeaux (BOD): 127km