- Cherbourg: 1421km ( recommended )
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Camping Resort Sanguli Salou, S.A.U. Passeig Miramar-Plaça Venus - Apartado de Correos 123, 43840 Salou - Tarragona
- GPS Co-ordinates 41.081281 1.111015
- Local Railway Salou, 0.75km : Services to From Barcelona Airport, take the train to Barcelona-Sants and from there take another train heading for Tortosa. Get off at Salou station.
- Bus Station 1km : Services to bus Frequent services to Cambrils, Salou, Tarragona, Reus & PortAventura
Travelling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
Ferries are a relaxing and convenient way to travel. With a wide variety of ferries available from Ireland to France, taking your own car to the continent makes great sense, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Camping Resort Sanguli Salou.
To minimize the journey in France take an overnight crossing to Cherbourg. Irish Ferries operate sailings from Rosslare and Dublin to Cherbourg, while Stena Line sail from Rosslare to Cherbourg. Please note while Irish Ferries normally arrive in Cherbourg mid/late morning, the Stena Line crossing can arrive late in the afternoon depending on the sailing date.
From Cherbourg there is a good choice of routes - the drive time and distance is about the same, so you could choose to vary the scenery on the way back.
You can take the western route via Rennes, Nantes and Bordeaux before driving across to the Mediterranean past Toulouse and Carcassonne. Alternatively take the Loire Valley option, driving past Caen, Le Mans, Tours and through the Dordogne, before reaching Toulouse.
If you want to drive over the famous Millau Viaduct it's a bit further, but the drive time is about the same - take the A88/A71 after Tours heading towards Clermont-Ferrand and Béziers.
Whichever way you choose, once you reach the Mediterranean coast, you need to take the main motorway to Spain driving past Perpignan, Girona and Barcelona to your parc.
- Please note Masai Lodge accommodation on parc is available from 4pm on your day of arrival, however all other accommodation types will be available from 3pm.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The Costa Dorada is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Reus and Barcelona. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool, below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Reus (REU): 12km ( nearest )
- Barcelona (BCN): 99km