- Cherbourg: 1209km ( recommended )
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Castell Montgri Campsite
17258. L´Estartit, Girona
- GPS Co-ordinates 42.051093 3.183117
- Local Railway Flaça, 25km : Services to Girona, Barcelona
- Bus Station 0.5km : Services to bus Torroella de Montgri, Gerona, Flaca
Traveling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
Ferries are a relaxing and convenient way to travel. With a wide variety of ferries available from Ireland to France, taking your own car to the continent makes great sense, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Castell Montgri.
To minimize the journey in France take an overnight crossing to Cherbourg. Irish Ferries operate sailings from Rosslare and Dublin to Cherbourg, while Stena Line sail from Rosslare to Cherbourg. Please note while Irish Ferries normally arrive in Cherbourg mid/late morning, the Stena Line crossing can arrive late in the afternoon depending on the sailing date.
From Cherbourg there is a good choice of routes - the drive time and distance is about the same, so you could choose to vary the scenery on the way back.
You can take the western route via Rennes, Nantes and Bordeaux before driving across to the Mediterranean past Toulouse and Carcassonne. Alternatively take the Loire Valley option, driving past Caen, Le Mans, Tours and through the Dordogne, before reaching Toulouse.
If you want to drive over the famous Millau Viaduct it's a bit further, but the drive time is about the same - take the A88/A71 after Tours heading towards Clermont-Ferrand and Béziers.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The Costa Brava is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Girona and Perpignan. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool, below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Gerona (GRO): 53km ( nearest )
- Perpignan (PGF): 105km
- Barcelona (BCN): 150km