- Roscoff: 182km ( recommended )
- Cherbourg: 354km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
La Plage Campsite
56470 La Trinité sur Mer
- GPS Co-ordinates 47.575999 -3.029529
- Local Railway Auray, 17km : Services to Quimper, Vannes, Nantes, Paris
- Bus Station 1km : Services to bus Carnac, Auray, Vannes
Travelling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
Ferries are a relaxing and convenient way to travel. With a wide variety of ferries available from Ireland to France, taking your own car to the continent makes great sense, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to your parc.
La Plage is ideally located in southern Brittany close to the town of La Trinité-sur-Mer. To minimize the driving in France, take the overnight sailing into Roscoff.
Both Brittany Ferries and Irish Ferries sail into Roscoff. The sailing with Brittany Ferries from Cork lands around breakfast time, while the Irish Ferries sailing from Rosslare normally lands a bit later (around mid morning).
Even better, Brittany is the only area in France where there are no motorway tolls to pay. Instead of motorways, the region is served by a network of fast and efficient dual carriageways (with a speed limit of 110km) resulting in easy, stress free driving.
Cherbourg is further from the parc, but at just over 370km, the drive is easily manageable if you land in the morning.
Irish Ferries operate sailings from Rosslare and Dublin to Cherbourg. While Stena Line sail from Rosslare to Cherbourg. Please note while Irish Ferries normally arrive in Cherbourg mid/late morning, the Stena Line crossing can arrive late in the afternoon depending on the sailing date.
The fastest route from Cherbourg is to take the N13 towards Saint-Lô and then pick up the A84 down to Rennes, followed by the N24/N166 across to Vannes and the coast.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The region of Brittany is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Brest, Dinard, Nantes, Rennes and Quimper. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Lorient (LRT): 45km ( nearest )
- Rennes (RNS): 141km
- Nantes (NTE): 143km