- Cherbourg: 1593km ( recommended )
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Marina Julia Camping Village
Via Giarrette 65, 34071 Monfalcone
- GPS Co-ordinates 45.775840 13.527636
- Local Railway Monfalcone, 6km
Traveling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
Ferries are a relaxing and convenient way to travel. With a wide variety of ferries available from Ireland to France, taking your own car to the continent makes great sense, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Marina Julia.
To minimize the journey in France take an overnight crossing to Cherbourg. Irish Ferries operate sailings from Rosslare and Dublin to Cherbourg, while Stena Line sail from Rosslare to Cherbourg. Please note while Irish Ferries normally arrive in Cherbourg mid/late morning, the Stena Line crossing can arrive late in the afternoon depending on the sailing date.
It's a fair distance to drive, but that gives you the opportunity to take in some wonderful scenery on the way. There's a good choice of routes too, so you could make this a circular drive and vary the scenery and stopovers on the way back.
From Cherbourg head south east towards Versailles, Paris and Beaune, then turn south to Macon and Geneva. From Geneva head east driving past Chamonix, Milan and the bottom of Lake Garda (see what we mean about the scenery), before reaching the coast and driving past Venice to your parc.We have some great parcs where you can break your journey en route. Take a look at Le Domaine de l'Epervière in Burgundy, and our parcs near Annecy, Lake Garda and Venice.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- Please be aware that France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead of UK time.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The Adriatic is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Venice, Treviso and Trieste. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Trieste (TRS): 12km ( nearest )
- Venice (VCE): 125km