- Cherbourg: 1593km ( recommended )
Marina Julia Camping Village
Via Delle Giarrette 65, 34071 Monfalcone
- GPS Co-ordinates 45.775840 13.527636
- Local Railway Monfalcone, 6km
How To Get There - Flight Recommendations
Whilst we can’t book your flights for you we’ve teamed with Skyscanner to help you to find the best flight options to your parc.
Please select your preferred departure airport and we'll search or link you to Skyscanner to find the best airlines and routes for your holiday parc.
How To Get There - By Ferry
Please note, ferry crossings are not bookable online, however we can book your crossing for you as part of a package - once you've booked your parc/accommodation, our contact centre will be able to add crossings to your booking, just call us with your booking reference and we can add on your crossing.
Direct sailings from Ireland to France are available from Cork to Roscoff with Brittany Ferries, Dublin to Cherbourg with Irish Ferries and Rosslare to Cherbourg with Stena Line.
The following routes listed are crossing the channel via the UK.
Timetable is currently available to book up to 30th September (return date). Departs throughout the day, crossing time approx 35 minutes.
Know Before You Go - Our Travel Tips
Ferries are a relaxing and convenient way to travel. With a wide variety of ferries available from Ireland to France, taking your own car to the continent makes great sense, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Marina Julia.
To minimize the journey in France take an overnight crossing to Cherbourg. Irish Ferries operate sailings from Rosslare and Dublin to Cherbourg, while Stena Line sail from Rosslare to Cherbourg. Please note while Irish Ferries normally arrive in Cherbourg mid/late morning, the Stena Line crossing can arrive late in the afternoon depending on the sailing date.
It's a fair distance to drive, but that gives you the opportunity to take in some wonderful scenery on the way. There's a good choice of routes too, so you could make this a circular drive and vary the scenery and stopovers on the way back.
From Cherbourg head south east towards Versailles, Paris and Beaune, then turn south to Macon and Geneva. From Geneva head east driving past Chamonix, Milan and the bottom of Lake Garda (see what we mean about the scenery), before reaching the coast and driving past Venice to your parc.We have some great parcs where you can break your journey en route. Take a look at our parcs near Annecy, Lake Garda and Venice.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- Please be aware that France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead of UK time.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.