- We endeavour to minimise our environmental impacts and support activities and projects to protect and restore the natural environment.
- We seek to assess the negative impacts of our operations across Europe and take steps to address these.
Caring for the Environment
We're proud to be one of the only travel companies to achieve FSC certification for using paper from approved, sustainable sources too. Everything we send to you is printed on FSC and part or fully recycled paper. The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) is an independent non-governmental, not-for-profit organisation established to promote the responsible management of the world's forests.
Discover more at www.fsc.org/
We have also achieved PEFC certification for using paper from sustainable sources. The Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) is the world’s largest forest certification system, and is an international non-profit, non-governmental organisation dedicated to promoting sustainable forest management through independent third-party certification.
Discover more at www.pefc.org
To help lower your carbon footprint further, we've put together a selection of parcs which are located close to the local train station, port or airport, meaning they can be accessed by public transport or a short hop in a taxi.
To further support our environmentally friendly practises, Eurocamp has developed a five year plan, covering:
- Energy and Waste - including reducing energy consumption at all of our Eurocamp offices and ensuring that, in the future, energy saving devices will be fitted as standard in all of our accommodation.
- Transportation - ensuring our accommodation inventory is sourced as locally as possible.
- Alternative materials - ensuring our accommodation is made from recycled materials where possible.
- New product development - promoting the use of rail to reach your holiday destination and bicycles rather than the car when on holiday.
- Save paper and download your e-brochure here at www.eurocamp.ie.
- All Eurocamp paper brochures and direct mailings are printed on paper from sustainable forests.
- Look out for our recycle logo or pass your brochure or mailing on to a friend who may be interested in taking a Eurocamp holiday too!
- Provide us with your email address and we can email all of our special offers and even your holiday confirmation to you, rather than send more paper.